Skin: main component of the human integument
The integument is the outer part of the body of human beings.
Components of the human integument:
- Hair and hair
- Sebaceous glands
- ceruminous glands
- sweat glands
Functions of the human integument
- It acts to protect the human body against external factors (ultraviolet rays, microorganisms, impacts, etc.);
- Helps in regulating the temperature of the human body;
- Elimination of substances that are no longer useful to the body, mainly through sweat (produced by the sweat glands);
- Absorption of some substances from the external environment;
- Acts in the production of Vitamin D;
- Allows the human being to feel the room temperature, pain and other sensations.