Marine Biologist: Important in Environmental Preservation
Marine Biology Course Information
Main objectives of the course
Train a professional able to:
- Do basic and applied research in Marine Biology;
- Plan and implement programs aimed at training professionals in the area;
- Conduct studies and plan scientific projects in the area;
- Provide scientific-technological consulting;
- Identify the environmental preservation needs of marine ecosystems;
- Train multidisciplinary teams.
Main Course Subjects:
- Common Nucleus of Biology: Mathematics, Chemistry, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Embryology, Ecosystems, Plant Physiology, Ecosystems, Parasitology, Plant Morphology, Microbiology, Biogeography, Histology, Invertebrate and Vertebrate Zoology, Meteorology, Aquaculture and Comparative Anatomy .
- Specific Nucleus (professionals): Fishery Biology, Ecology of Benthic Environments, Ecology of Pelagic Environments, Evolution of the South Atlantic and Paleo-Oceanography and Estuarine Systems.
Marine Biologist's main fields of activity:
- Private companies operating in the fishing area;
- Ecotourism companies;
- Universities and Marine Research Centers;
- Companies operating in the exploration of oil, natural gas or other mineral resources;
- NGOs working in the area of environmental preservation;
- Environmental education.
Main colleges offering the course in Brazil (Undergraduate):
- Unesp - Paulista Coastal Experimental Campus (São Vicente-SP)
- Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Fundão Island - University City - Rio de Janeiro - RJ)
- Maria Thereza Integrated Colleges - FAMATH (Niterói-RJ)
- UNISANTA - Santa Cecília University (Santos-SP)
- Fluminense Federal University (Niterói-RJ)
- Univille - University of Joinville Region (Joinville-SC)
- Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (Imbé-RS)